NIFTY Weekly price action analysis – 30-September-2011
Here is the Nifty weekly chart with trend lines, trend channel and swing points marked on it.
Let’s take a look at NIFTY’s weekly chart and do the analysis based on facts shown by price action-
Bullish reasons -
1) Weekly close is above previous weeks close. The week has also shown a green candle.
2) Wide range candle closing in middle.
3) Volume has been higher then previous week.
Bearish reasons -
1) Market made lower high and lower low on weekly chart. It also resulted in new lower swing high below the important level of 5200.
Interpretation and possibilities for next week -
As a trader, we have to be prepared to face anything that market throws on us. So lets see what might come in next week.
1) Nearest supply zone of 5170/5200 level worked last week and it also hold as resistance during this week too. As anticipated last week that 5000 levels will act as new supply zone, it turned out to be true this week when price struggled to stay above 5000 and finally dropped and closed below this.
2) Possible support is at 4720 level. Any break of this, can easily take market to 4550 level on downside.
3) Volume has been fairly high during this week indicating active participation by smart money. I would like to watch it closely during next week for break or support of 4720 level. Else my view of short term accumulation by smart-money will be supported. My tracking of FII flows also giving the sign of short term bottom formation.
4) This weeks lower high bar resulted in giving us lower swing low at 5200 level. As this level is below the long term bullish trend line from March-2009 low, it confirms that the trend line is broken. In other words the Bull market that started from March-2009 low is over. The long term direction of market is down and the deciding trend line for this is the down sloping line starting from 6300 high made in Oct-2010.
Important levels to watch for – For up-move – 5000/5170, For down-move – 4750, 4720. For sideway – 4750 to 5030.
Hope this analysis helps you in forming your own views on market. Feel free to drop your comments on the post. Let me know if you would like to see something more in the analysis.
Disclaimer – These are my views on the market and I could be wrong in reading it. Please use your own judgment and make sensible trading decision based on your own analysis.